Create meetings for other people

Description
We’re developing an online platform that requires us to generate zoom meetings for different people. These people may or may not have a Zoom Account, and they may not need to do one. The problem is that since we’re a small team, we can’t afford the pro or Business Licenses. Is there another way to do so?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
We tried using my personal account’s OAuth token, but we quickly found out that we can’t create 2 different meetings at the same time.

Which Endpoint/s?
/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a meeting with a user id and access token with different participants
  2. Create a second one with the same credentials and other people
  3. The other people can’t come to the meeting.

Hey @asostshirt,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question. First, I should clarify that this should be possible, but will depend on how you structure your integration.

If your users will be using their own accounts or joining meetings as guests, you will need to create an OAuth App under your account and then publish it publicly on our Marketplace in order for it to be available to users under accounts other than your own.

You would use that OAuth App to retrieve access tokens for a given user, passing their user ID or email in the request URL for the Create Meeting API.

Regarding holding meetings at the same time—note that a host can only hold 1 meeting at a time. In order to hold several meetings at once, you’ll need to have several different hosts. Similarly, participants can only be in one meeting at a time.

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.