Are meeting recordings done in single channel or multiple channels

Hi, I know this question has been asked before but the thread was closed before I could get to it and don´t see an answer yet. Question is, I´m participating in zoom meetings with multiple players, each speaking out of their own mics. I would think that since they are speaking from separate mics, the recording would pick up and record in separate channels as well, allowing me to be able to do an after meeting report by separating each participant´s voice (channel) into one (single out each participant´s participation) and transcribe and review the whole meeting by being able to separate each channel so that other participant´s voices don´t drown out the one (or one´s) voice (channel) I need at any given moment. Is that possible with Zoom?

For post-meeting consumption, our cloud recording can capture the separate audio files of each participant if configured. Independent of whatever SDK or native client they use. Here is our support article on how to enable this feature :

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings#h_96380e17-816d-4eda-a4b9-740d1498eac6

How to record multiple audio files

When recording locally, the host can record all participants’ audio streams as separate audio files, one file for each participant. To enable this option:

1. Open the Zoom client and click Settings.
  2. Click the Recording tab.
  3. Enable Record a separate audio file for each participant.
  4. Record and save the meeting to your computer.
  5. Once the meeting is over and the recording has processed, open the recording folder.
  6. Within the folder, open Audio Record.
  7. Once in the Audio Record folder, each participant’s audio track will be listed as its own file. Each file name begins with the participant’s name.

Hi,

I run into this issue today and also go through the closed thread and this. I has enabled Record a separate audio file for each participant and I saw multiple audio files for local recordings. I tried cloud recording and the I can only see one audio file and when I can GET /meetings/:meetingId/recordings, the field participant_audio_files is not show up.

I expect once the Record a separate audio file for each participant is enabled, cloud recording will work the same way as local recording and get meeting detail will return participant_audio_files.

Could I confirm whether this is a bug or there is something I missed?

I figure that I need to config Record a separate audio file for each participant on web and then it works!