askAllToUnmute disables allow participants to unmute self

Description
When we call the askAllToUnmute method it succeeds but then automatically turns off the ability of users to unmute themselves. Happens every time.

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?

Hi @jeremy.provost, thanks for the post.

I was unable to reproduce this on the latest version of the SDK. Can you please update to the latest version and let me know if you’re still seeing this behavior?

Thanks!

Can’t move to the latest SDK version, unfortunately, due to the OAuth changes that require going through the Marketplace.

Hi @jeremy.provost,

I completely understand the additional considerations around using OAuth to authenticate users, however we will not be able to backport any fixes found in newer versions of the SDK. There will also be a point in the future at which all versions of the SDK which contain email/password login will be disabled, so we strongly recommend updating your app to use OAuth ASAP.

Thanks!

We definitely want to and plan to, but it’s a bit unfortunate how this was rolled out. It would have been nice to have this announced and keep email/password login working for a version or two while people had the chance to transition to OAuth and get their apps approved. I hope that is being taken into consideration when considering the timeframe for disabling older SDKs.

Response times have been slow to our questions on the Marketplace forum: OAuth Changes in Meeting SDK 5.9 - #3 by jeremy.provost

And the duration of reviews doesn’t look great: Current estimate for security review

I would love to see more guidance about the review process for Meeting SDK apps, because the process doesn’t seem suited to them yet.

Hi @jeremy.provost,

It definitely is not ideal to have to undergo this paradigm shift for user authentication, we absolutely get where you’re coming from on this. Unfortunately we are not able to offer much flexibility in terms of which SDK versions can support email/pw login, as this is a high priority change that can’t be pushed back.

The reviews can take some time to complete, which is why we are recommending migrating ASAP to ensure you are able to get your app published in a timely manner.

Please let me know if there’s anything I can help with on the SDK side of things and I’ll be happy to assist further. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.