Assign webinar licence to user via the API or automatically when user is created

Hi there,

I am currently developing functionality to create zoom webinars via the API. The code will find the user by his userName/email. If user does not exist, it will create it then create the webinar based on his id. Now, creating a new user will assign a licence to the user automatically, but won’t turn on the webinar feature for that user, even if I have free/unused webinar seats/licences. Therefore, I get an error saying:

{
“code”: 200,
“message”: “Webinar plan is missing. You must subscribe to the webinar plan and enable webinar for this user: {user identifier} in order to perform this action.”
}

Is there any way to activate the webinar licence via the API to avoid doing this manually from the Admin/Users tab on my account?

Hey @techcityventures,

Great question—you can do this programmatically by hitting our PATCH Update User Settings endpoint. You will update their features via their User Settings and setting webinar to true:
PATCH Update User Settings

Let me know if this helps!
-Will

1 Like

thank you !!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1 Like

Happy I could help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.