Audio Output is Reciver instead of Speaker

Description
When I successfully join the session, the output of the audio of the other side is coming from the iPhone’s Receiver instead of the iPhone’s loudspeaker. Client SDK does have an option for changing the source but I wasn’t able to find the same for InstantSDKs.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join Session from 2 devices (e.i A and B)
  2. Speak from A and The Voice in B comes from Receiver instead of Speaker

Hi @dhruv.vhits, thanks for the post.

It appears you are correct that there is no way to programmatically change audio sources through the iOS SDK. I will go ahead and submit a feature request on your behalf so that we can get this added in a future release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thanks for your reply.

when can I expect the next release with the feature included?

Thanks!

Hi @dhruv.vhits,

We are still investigating this feature and do not yet have any updates, unfortunately.

Thanks!

Hey, @jon.zoom Thanks for your prompt responses. is there any way or any workaround that would help me to work this out or avoid the issue?/

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @dhruv.vhits,

Have you tried using the AVAudioSession interface?
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avfaudio/avaudiosession/1616443-overrideoutputaudioport
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/avfaudio/avaudiosession/categoryoptions/1616462-defaulttospeaker

Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon Thanks for your reply, I will go through the links and be back with update.

Thanks!

Hey @dhruv.vhits,

Sounds good!

Michael

Hi, I faced with the same issue. Did you resolve it?

Best,
Igori

Hi @kimigori,

Have you tried using the interface referenced in this reply?

Thanks!

Hi,

Is this issue fixed in any of the latest releases? or we still have to change audio source on our own from developer side?

Thanks!

Hi @nagamuni,

Have you tried using the AVAudioSession interface referenced previously in this topic?

Thanks!

Hey Jon,

I have used AvAudio session. I could switch to speaker with that interface. But once i change it to speaker, the other users are not able to hear my voice. I tried to restart audio using audioHelper but it didn’t work!! Can you help me on this??

Thanks!!

Hi @nagamuni,

Can you please provide a code snippet showing how you’re switching to the speaker?

The audio output shouldn’t impact the audio input. Have you tried calling unMuteAudio to unmute your audio input when other users can’t hear you?

Thanks!