No audio if you are the first non-host to join the meeting using iOS SDK

Hi,

We are using the iOS SDK and we encountered an audio issue.

If UserB joins a meeting containing only HostA, upon joining the meeting, UserB will here a chime sound and then receive a onMicrophoneStatusError with MobileRTCMicrophoneError_FeedbackDetected.

After this happens, UserB will not be able to hear and record audio.
Also calling muteMyAudio: will return MobileRTCAudioError_AudioNotConnected error.

We noticed that this only happens if you are the first non-host person to join a meeting containing the host. If you are the host or you are the 2nd/3rd non-host person to join the meeting or you join the meeting through Callkit, then there will be no such issue.

Also theres no such issue for Android SDK.

I dug around and notice that for this case, myAudioType is MobileRTCAudioType_None. Whereas for all the cases that worked, it is MobileRTCAudioType_VoIP. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi enga,

Thanks for the post. I have passed this to the engineering team and I will get back to you once I have any updates.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi enga
I cann’t reproduce the issue.
Can you provide the SDK Version.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look at this issue.
We are currently using version 4.4.55968.0904

Some more information:
We joined the meeting by calling startMeetingWithStartParam, using MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4WithoutLoginUser with zakToken.
We set setAutoConnectInternetAudio: and enableCustomMeeting to true.

Our current workaround is to call connectMyAudio: manually during the following delegate calls:
onMeetingReady and onMicrophoneStatusError:.

Seems like the audio gets disconnected on its own, and it occurs very frequently after joining a meeting and after the chime sound finish playing. While the chime sound is playing, we can hear that audio is working correctly.

Hi enga
I test on our sample code.
when you set ‘setAutoConnectInternetAudio’ and ‘enableCustomMeeting’ to true.
it’s work for auto-connect audio.
Can you have a try with our sample project?
Before the chime sound finishes playing, That means you’re not in the meeting yet.No voice connection is correct.

I also faced the same problem with my device. Now, I’m using the blackpods v3 device to do meating on zoom.

Hi comforum24,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Is this reproducible with our SDK demo app? Are you seeing this issue with our Zoom iOS client as well? What is the SDK version you are using?

Thanks!