Audio Transcript not being generated

Description
In a setup we have, we retrieve the meeting recordings after the meeting is finished using this:

We download the recordings and then delete a specific a recording after download it using this:

However, we send another request to get meeting recordings to download the transcript once it’s available. But in many cases (but not all) the transcript is not generated. Is it possible that because we delete the audio and video recordings in zoom before it’s finished processing this causes the transcript to not be generated? Or are there other more likely cases why transcript is never available for download?

Hi @ryan6,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Is it possible to share an example Meeting ID where the recording transcript wasn’t generated?

Is it possible that because we delete the audio and video recordings in zoom before it’s finished processing this causes the transcript to not be generated

This could be related—being able to look at a specific example will help me confirm!

Lastly, please make sure you have this setting checked off for your meetings:

Thanks!
Will

Hi @will.zoom , thanks for the reply.

Please check Meeting ID: 957 8902 4579. This was downloaded with the delete request sent to the video and audio and the transcript was not generated.

Hi @ryan6,

Thanks for sharing these details. In taking a look at the meeting, I’m not immediately seeing any conflicts with the accounts settings that would explain this. In order to further investigate, is it possible to share the API request and response where you were expecting to see the transcript file?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.