Automated scripts authentication if JWT is deprecated

I have several automated scripts that currently use JWT to authenticate. I’m told that JWT will be deprecated and that I’ll have to start using OAuth. In searching for other articles on using OAuth it’s stated that OAuth cannot be used except by prompting the user. Since that can’t be done in an automated script it’s also stated to use JWT. If JWT will no longer be allowed then what’s the recommended method of authenticating from an automated script? Are there some examples of how exactly this is accomplished?

Hey @jferguson
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
We recently launched a new app type Server to Server OAuth that enables you get your account owner access token without user interaction., here is a link to our docs:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/server-to-server-oauth-app/

Also, find a helpful guide on how to use this app with Postman to get you started:

Cheers,
Elisa

This is exactly what I was looking for. I was able to get this implemented and is working perfectly for me. Thanks for the quick and detailed response.

Happy to hear that worked out! @jferguson
Let me know if you have any other questions related to the migration of your JWT app to Server to Server OAuth!

Have an amazing rest of the week!
Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.