Do we need to migrate JWT in this case?

Krum Zcrit

Apr 23, 2023, 12:16 PDT

Hi, we’ve got a JWT app that’s not public currently - we’re only using it to authenticate creating meetings for registered users to be able to use the meeting web SDK integrated on our website.

Now I am aware that a deprecation is pending but I am a bit confuse as to whether I’ll need to re-work functionality in our case.

Found this thread on you support forum and that’s why I’m opening this ticket:

Now since this is not a published app and we’re using it only to authenticate creating meetings for our web SDK implementation, would we still need to migrate or this functionality will remain as it is.

Please let me know if you need any additional information so we can clear things and potentially move forward with any changes needed if that be the case.

Regards,
Team Zcrit

Hi @zoom.us
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our Developer Community!
You will need to migrate your JWT app to a Server to Server OAuth app even if the app is private, this is because the JWT app type will be deprecated and you wont be able to use the credentials associated with it.

Only if you use the JWT app type to generate access_tokens, you will need to migrate to the Server-to-Server Oautha app type

Hi Elisa, in your answer did you mean?

“Only if you use the JWT app type to generate access_tokens, you will NOT need to migrate to the Server-to-Server OAuth app type.” ??

Thank you in advance.

Team Zcrit

Hey @zoom.us
No… sorry about the confusion
If you use your JWT app type to generate access tokens then you MUST migrate to server to server oauth