Best flow for setting up a new user, meeting and host?

The API is nice but it’s unclear to me the best flow for setting up a new user. It seems through tinkering that a non-verified user cannot be set as a host for a meeting. If that’s true, does anyone have a suggested flow for this? As it seems the best I can come up with is: 

• Create the user
  • Wait (an unknown amount of time) for them to verify
  • Check to see if verify is set to 1 through the API
  • Then set up the meeting they need to host

Am I wrong here? There just doesn’t seem to be the ability to set up a meeting with one of our users, assign them as the host at the same time unless they are already verified. 

Thanks!

Hi Paul,

There are a couple elevated create user apis, Auto Create and Cust Create (https://zoom.us/developer/overview/rest-user-api) that bypass verification. However, you have to have an Enterprise account, or API Partner account to utilize them.

If you want to share your use case/implementation with me I may be able to provide more help. joshua.woodward@zoom.us

I did see that with the Enterprise. We just have a Pro account, but I can talk to the boss about going Enterprise. 

In our platform, we have people giving webinars and people attending. In our calendar we as admins set up webinars for the staff, who will present the webinar, and our participants on our system may opt in to view. 

So if we add a staff member. It seems to behoove us to go ahead and send them an invite for zoom verification up front, so that when creating webinars we don’t have to deal with a verification hiccup. (As it seems the host cannot be changed either, so it also can’t be set up without a host, then one added later after verification). 

Just seems like extra steps that don’t flow very well as verification happens outside our system (verification sent directly from you, and clicking email link that goes directly back to you, so we don’t know who has clicked). So the API would need to be called at random times to see if anyone has been verified.

Hope I explained that well enough. :slight_smile:

I did see that with the Enterprise. We just have a Pro account, but I can talk to the boss about going Enterprise. 

Enterprise account would be the easiest in the flow you describe, as you can create users without verification within your company domain.

In our platform, we have people giving webinars and people attending. In our calendar we as admins set up webinars for the staff, who will present the webinar, and our participants on our system may opt in to view. 

So if we add a staff member. It seems to behoove us to go ahead and send them an invite for zoom verification up front, so that when creating webinars we don’t have to deal with a verification hiccup. (As it seems the host cannot be changed either, so it also can’t be set up without a host, then one added later after verification). 

You could setup one user as your “Webinar Host” user to create all your webinars, and add alternate hosts via the API at the same time or later on, although those users would still need to be verified.

Just seems like extra steps that don’t flow very well as verification happens outside our system (verification sent directly from you, and clicking email link that goes directly back to you, so we don’t know who has clicked). So the API would need to be called at random times to see if anyone has been verified.

Not sure the size of your company, but you could add the create user part as of new hire onboarding with free accounts :wink: then later upgrade those that need webinar access (so your current flow would change to upgrade versus create)

Hope I explained that well enough. :slight_smile:

I think you did, if you shoot me an email I can look into your account and see if there is more we can do to make it easier.