Create meeting - Host

I want to create a zoom meeting using create meeting apiwhere different Users of my platform(who are not registered on zoom) would be host so is it required everytime to be registered on zoom platform or is there any other way for this scenario?

@will.zoom Could you help me on this ? JWT app type is used to create the app.

Hey @tushars,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. In order for a user to be set as an alternative host on meeting creation, they would need to be a user under your account:

I think the best option may be to create a Zoom account for your users with the Create a User API. They would then need to activate their Zoom account via an activation email.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM Using API key and API Secret of my account (App type-JWT) can different users create the meeting?
Every time host will be different so how would I use same API key and API Secret of my account of zoom in C# Xamarin?

Hey @tushars,

Good question! When calling the Create a Meeting API, the endpoint is the following:

/users/{userId}/meetings

As you may see, the User ID - which specifies the meeting host - is included in the endpoint URL. While the JWT credentials authorize your API calls to make changes on behalf of the account the User ID is what tells the API which user should host the meeting.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This should not be the case, after creation of meeting , different users should be allowed to get host permissions without registration but programmatically.

Hey @vipin.kaushik,

If you would like to assign an Alternative Host via the Create a Meeting API, you can:

You can also use the schedule_for parameter from the Update a Meeting API to change the host of an existing meeting:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.