Best way to download recording_files programmatically

Yes, and yes @zoom-test!

-Tommy

1 Like

Was this shipped with the March 2nd API update?

Hey @zoom-test,

This will be included in the March 22nd release.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I did some testing on this now and it looks like if we add the bearer token now, before release then we get a nice little error:

{
    "status": false,
    "errorCode": 401,
    "errorMessage": "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: urn:zoom:connect:clientid:REDACTED not support",
    "result": null
}

So I am guessing that if we implement this now then we should have it turned off until the support is released on March 22nd. Is this correct?

1 Like

Hey @zoom-test,

Correct.

Thanks,
Tommy

Did this ship on the 22nd? It no longer gives the illegalArgumentException, but still returns a login page.

Hey @zoom-test,

Our March release has been delayed due to our focus shifting on keeping the platform running smoothly with the huge increase in usage.

We don’t have a new date set in stone, but it will be included in the next release.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Hi I
am also use option 1 to get all videos download URL. But I have trouble to bulk download them. Would you please advice how do u download server videos by script instead of using the browser.
Thank you.

Hey @hhao,

What troubles are you running into?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy is there any chance this will get shipped soon or is it going to be frozen until after the 90 day period of security updates? Not having the ability to use OAuth tokens as authentication for downloads has caused some issues in an increased traffic/latency situations. This would go a long way towards solving a lot of problems.

Hey @zoom-test,

Unfortunately this release has been frozen and we have no updated timeline.

Once we continue releases this will be one of the first to go out.

Really sorry for the delay
-Tommy

1 Like

Thank you for your reply Tommy.

I was not able to find out how to do the bulk download once I got the download URL.

There is no documentation on Zoom API documentation as well.

I just find a piece of information in the forum that you can do sth like

https://*.zoom.us/rec/download/downloadURL

Regards

Hanru

Hey @hhao,

We do not have any bulk download features. I suggest writing a script to download them all.

Thanks,
Tommy

Batch download with the program, but this address can not be downloaded normally, some can and some can not, I am very confused about this question, can you give an official explanation?

Hey @baohanhai,

Some of your downloads probably require a password.

See the docs here for authenticated download requests: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/cloud-recording/recordingget

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy

Any updated on downloading password-protected recordings with an OAuth application? I do see change logs pertaining to password related features. Can’t wait for the team to get around to the API portion.

Thanks,

–Martin

Hey @martindrapeau,

No updates yet.

Thanks,
Tommy

Also looking forward to OAuth token allowing downloads of password protected recordings.

1 Like

Thanks @hani,

We are releasing this soon, stay updated here:

Thanks,
Tommy