I found that when connected to Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones via bluetooth, making use of the custom UI, all phone sound is muted. So any music apps playing pause, and the meeting audio cannot be heard either. Upon setting audio output to the main speaker, music and meeting audio works as expected. Has anyone else experienced similar, and does a solution exist?
Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?
To Reproduce(If applicable)
- Connect phone to Bose QQ 35 headphones
- Open a music app, for example Spotify and play music
- Open app implementing custom meeting UI
- Join a meeting in the app
- Spotify has now stopped playing music, no meeting audio can be heard
- Resume Spotify music
- Audio still cannot be heard
- Leave zoom meeting
- Music audio resumes
Smartphone (please complete the following information):
Reproduced on both of these devices:
- Device: One Plus 3T, Android 8.0
- Device: Google Pixel 5, Android 12.0
Hi @tony_mz, thanks for the post.
This certainly seems like strange behavior, especially considering that it does not happen when playing through the speakers. Let’s get some additional information to try narrowing down the cause:
- If possible, can you verify whether or not this is reproducible with another bluetooth device?
- Does this only happen when using a custom meeting UI? Can you reproduce in the sample app with default UI? What about with the Zoom client?
- (If applicable) Was this behavior reproducible on a previous version of the SDK?
I can confirm that we found this same issue with version 4.6.21666.0429 of the Zoom SDK too.
I’ve also found the issue occurs with the official zoom app (5.8.3). This time I’ve been testing with a generic cheap bluetooth speaker connected to the One Plus 3T. Perhaps this has something to do with them being speakers only and not headsets with mic input too?
Thanks for the additional information. With this issue being reproducible in the Zoom client and not specific to any piece of a custom UI implementation in the SDK, this would be something to bring up with a ticket through our Help Center. If you have any concerns about SDK-specific functionality, we are here to help!
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.