Unable to hear audio output from zoom app when installed in one of the emulators

Description
After meeting connected , unable to hear the user talk. But the user can hear others speaking.

Connected over VoIP
I see these logs relevant for audio

W/AudioTrack: Use of stream types is deprecated for operations other than volume control
W/AudioTrack: See the documentation of AudioTrack() for what to use instead with android.media.AudioAttributes to qualify your playback use case

while enabling umute my audio api, seeing avc denied error from emulator.

: type=1400 audit(0.0:365): avc: denied { open } for path="/proc/stat" dev=“proc” ino=4026532033 scontext=u:r:untrusted_app:s0:c171,c256,c522,c768 tcontext=u:object_r:proc_stat:s0 tclass=file permissive=1

Which Android Meeting SDK version?
Zoom-SDK-Android-5.9.6.4777

Hi @jomy.paul2,

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by “unable to hear the user talk”? Are you expecting to hear your own audio input played back on the same device, or are you saying that other participants in the meeting cannot hear your audio?

It sounds like you’re trying to unmute your audio programmatically as well. Can you please share a code snippet and provide what the return value is?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

The other participant in the meeting cannot hear my audio, but i can hear theirs.

Code snippet is to mute/unmute when clicking on the button
if (inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController == null) {
Log.d(TAG, “Audio controller is null”)
}
if (inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController != null &&
inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.isMyAudioMuted
) {
Log.d(TAG, “unmuted my audio api called”)
val error:MobileRTCSDKError =
inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.muteMyAudio(false)
Log.d(TAG,“unmute audio response ${error.name}”)

} else if (inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController != null
                    && !inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.isMyAudioMuted
                ) {
                    Log.d(TAG, "mute my audio api called")
                   val error:MobileRTCSDKError = inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.muteMyAudio(true)
                    Log.d(TAG,"mute audio response ${error.name}")

}

The code snippet to enable audio is :

if (inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.isAudioConnected) {
Log.d(TAG, “Not connected over VoIP”)
if (inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.isMyAudioMuted) {
inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.muteMyAudio(false)
}
}

else {
Log.d(TAG, “Connected over VoIP”)
inMeetingService?.inMeetingAudioController.connectAudioWithVoIP()
}

Also Jon, when i try the sample app in the emulator and while clicking on audio button (wifi or cellular) button. the app hangs and restarts.

Could you provide any link to upload logs for it

Hi @jomy.paul2,

Thank you for the code snippet. Can you also provide the return value of muteMyAudio as previously requested?

Also Jon, when i try the sample app in the emulator and while clicking on audio button (wifi or cellular) button. the app hangs and restarts.

It sounds like this could be a crash. Are you seeing a stack trace in your logcat output indicating a crash?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

The return value was success for both mute and unmute

Hi @jomy.paul2,

Thanks for confirming. I think we’ll need the SDK logs in order to determine what’s going on. Can you please provide those so we can investigate further? Here are instructions on how to get the SDK logs in case you weren’t aware. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

Unable to get the logs from our emulators for this audio issues. So in our customers emulator another meeting app works fine. Both sides audio can be heard. Only zoom is facing this issue. Any ideas on why zoom is having only one way audio in our emulator.
As mentioned zoom is connecting over voip in our case.

Hi @jomy.paul2,

In order to investigate this issue further, we will need the SDK logs as previously mentioned.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.