BUG: webinar.participant_left webhook sometimes not fired

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I have developed a webhook-only based app for my local town (of which I’m currently Mayor) to allow webinar participants to see on the live app who is present as a “participant” in our virtual & hybrid town meetings. This is implemented using webhooks to deliver participant_joined/participant_left notifications which I track and then display in a simple UI.

This mostly works, except I have noticed that sometimes participant_left notifications are not sent when a participant leaves. There’s no connection to my HTTP server to deliver them, and no record of them in the “Call Logs → Webhook Logs” on the App Marketplace management screens.

An example from yesterday: MeetingID 82646534251; Meeting UUID: V7cKDe0YSSeuIdgy51QzqA== participant.user_id: 16882688 a webinar.participant_joined webhook was correctly delivered at 2022-05-24T23:36:41.591Z; the user left the meeting (per admin Dashboard) at 2022-05-24T23:44Z but no webhook was ever sent for that. I wasn’t in the meeting, but I believe that the join/leave pair here might have been when the user was promoted to a panelist and then demoted back to attendee, based on what the main admin Dashboard shows

Error
No error message - webhook just was never delivered for an event.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Which Endpoint/s?
https://pv-zooms.rungie.com/hook

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Not sure - I only have 2 solid records of this happening. One is the case above with Meeting ID 82646534251 Meeting UUID V7cKDe0YSSeuIdgy51QzqA== and participant_user_id 16882688

The second was from the same meeting, with participant.user_id 16872448 - joined event received at 2022-05-24T23:34:52.176Z but no leave event ever came through. Dashboard shows again that seems to have been a promotion to panelist and then a demotion back to attendee at 2022-05-24T23:38Z but no leave event was ever delivered

Screenshots (If applicable)
N/A

Additional context
This worked fine for many other promote/demotes - just occasionally seems to be not working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.