Our app is no longer receives a request from Participant joined and participant left webhook

Description
Starting around 1 pm PDT, our app no longer receives a request from participants joined and the participant left webhooks, but we are still receiving a request from the meeting started and the meeting ended webhooks.

And I can confirm that we are sending a [200 OK response] back after receiving each webhook.

Error
Stopped receiving participant joined and the participant left webhook

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

1 Like

My development app has also completely stopped sending the participant_joined and participant_left webhooks.

I can also confirm that meeting.started and meeting.ended are being sent properly (although this was just done as a test b/c my app doesn’t need to listen to these events)

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hey, is there any info on this? Zoom is still not sending any meeting.participant_left webhook events.

Hey @ericdude4, @raynald,

Are you still experiencing this? If so, please send the affected meeting IDs to developersupport@zoom.us so we can investigate.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested my implementation and it seems to have started working again. If it becomes an issue again, I will send the meeting ID to that address and reference this thread.

Thanks,
Eric

@ericdude4 great! Let us know if you need anything!

Hi @tommy

It seems that the webhook event is working now. thanks for reaching out.

I have another issue regarding participant joined events, Every time the participant joins the meeting we receive two joined events. Base on my observation we receive the first joined event of the user after the host admits the users, and another joined events after we receive the leave event of the first transactions. Now In our records, we have duplicate participants because of those events. Is there any other way to prevent receiving two events just to prevent the duplicate entry of participant records

for your references here is the meeting id of the event:
MEETING ID: ***********

Note: Every event has a unique user_id.

*This post has been edited to remove any meeting / webinar IDs

Hey @raynald,

Happy to hear the webhook is working for you now! :slight_smile:

As for the duplicate joined events, this is currently expected when using the waiting room, but we are working on improving this to only have one join event once the user joins the main meeting.

Stay updated here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/changelog

Thanks,
Tommy