Call to GetUserByUserID(0) adds a "ghost" participant with Id 0 to the participants list

Description
I’ve found in the SDK demo v2 several sports where this GetUserByUserId is called in this way:

ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IUserInfo* pUserInfo = SDKInterfaceWrap::GetInst().GetMeetingParticipantsController()->GetUserByUserID(0);

I’ve tried to use the same method in my code but it causes it to add a “ghost” user with id 0 to the participants list. I’m not sure if this also causes other problems.

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0427

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Please consider this sample code:

var Ids = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList();
Debug.WriteLine($"BEFORE: {Ids.Count()}, {string.Join(",", Ids)}");

var directInfo = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetUserByUserID(0);

Ids = CZoomSDKeDotNetWrap.Instance.GetMeetingServiceWrap().GetMeetingParticipantsController().GetParticipantsList();
Debug.WriteLine($"AFTER: {Ids.Count()}, {string.Join(",", Ids)}");

In the code, GetMeetingParticipantsController() is called and the result is printed. Then, call to GetUserByUserID(0) is done. Finally, the same GetMeetingParticipantsController() is called again, and the list is returned with an additional user with id 0.

Screenshots

This is a sample output from the above line, executed after joining a meeting:

BEFORE: 2, 16779264,100664320
AFTER: 3, 0,16779264,100664320

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: PC
  • Version 10

Hi bragma,

Thanks for the post. This sounds unexpected. I have forwarded this to the engineering team for further investigation. If we identified an issue, we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

This problem is still present in Windows SDK v5.0.24433.0616

1 Like

Hi @bragma,

Thanks for the post. Yes, the fix for this is not included in the SDK 5.0 release. I will try to push this and escalate.

Thanks!

1 Like