Can I add an overlay to my video?

Thanks for sharing this! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Unfortunately, this is still in very early beta. Iā€™m on the waitlist, so will update if I get in soon!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

I vote for this too. Overlays should be something an owner/admin can do. You can have the participants have a setting to allow/disallow it. But in many settings, classrooms,conferences, etc. being able to overlay a small timer, feedback icons, directions ā€¦ would increase zoomā€™s usefulness a great deal. If the system can record being able to overlay is less intrusive and should be allowed.

2 Likes

+1. We use Zoom for our live services alongside boxcast and need a way to show text overlays during the service. We tried OBS initially but itā€™s very difficult to setup as we have multiple moderators who are not that technically savvy so we went with Boxcast instead. Boxcast allows an overlay but itā€™s not ideal because itā€™s a static overlay. Our use case is to display announcements, scriptures and quick information live during the service. Allowing the host to add these would greatly enhance meetings for us.

Wow. The link above describes "Mmhmm "(yeah thatā€™s the startup name) just got funded by Sequoia Capital. They create a virtual camera that allows you to put dynamic content in your background. Even do video where you shrink yourself. Itā€™s genius and a great workaround to something that could be a zoom featureā€¦

Hey @lesliedpound, @wisdomassembly,

Thanks for your interest in this feature. I am going to switch this to a feature request. :slight_smile:

You can also submit your thoughts directly to our product team here: zoom.us/feed.

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy & Team,

This is something we are actively pursuing and would like incorporated in the Zoom Webinar product. I know other people are using post processing or things like Boxcast but this 100% should be a native Zoom feature as it is highly desirable and would keep all clients within Zoom. To have the ability to brand/overlay a border around the grid view in Webinar would greatly enhance the production quality of the event. I think you could use some of the filter option functionality released in 5.2 to achieve this feature. One thing as that we would want it to be controllable on a Host level for webinar instead of having individual user controlling it. Also, the ability to overlay custom text over a speaker video box would be a grand slam for Zoom as well.

Thanks for all your help,
Anthony

+1 to ecc,

Exploring Restreamā€™s Live Studio, StreamYard and others for streaming with overlays. Zoom is still better for events of 10+ participants, but Restream is in beta for an uncapped participants version which Iā€™m trying this week. Would be great to have this functionality in Zoom.

Thanks,
Jackson

+1, this would be great for product demo, to have an over-the-shoulder screen share instead of the WHAMMO FULL SCREEN WHATā€™S UP screen share. That is a rather jarring switch when there are multiple presenters in the session, so we have to switch screen shares. How much more smooth would it be if we could feature that person, and instead of a background, they have an over-the-shoulder screen share, or their background is their screen share and they are overlaid in a box in the corner!

To confirm, you can use OBS to add overlays to the main webinar broadcast regardless of which camera is speaking?

Coming from a news production background, being able to put graphic overlays over others while they present would be huge for my company when we do customer meetings. It breaks the cycle of sharing screens and allows you that human connection that you kind of get with a virtual background, just at a more advanced level. Plus presenters just focus on presenting, and the host can run the overlays. We need it, Zoom! :smiley:

Did anybody find a good solution for displaying graphic overlays (lower thirds) for participants?

All - Zoom needs to support and incorporate NDI. Additionally, we need to add/insert/overlay graphics downstream. Is there any word on where these features are in the roadmap? Thanks.

Hey guys, this problem got me inspired and after seeing how complicated it is to use OBS (if youā€™re not a video pro and donā€™t intend to be) I have created this little tool to overlay video coming from your camera with useful and fun widgets - take a look at

https://meet.cam.

Works with Zoom and some other platforms. Currently only available for macOS.

Itā€™s in early beta and itā€™s currently free - so would love you to try and let me what you think. :slight_smile:

All the best!

3 Likes

Wow, it works so good, it will be a great app!

It breaks the cycle of sharing screens and allows you that human connection that you kind of get with a virtual background, just at a more advanced level.