Can my server send messages to my zoom users?

My organization would like to send messages to our company Zoom users based on different events that happen throughout our organization.
I expected to use JWT with a bearer token but the documentation says that an OAuth2 app is required. OAuth2 requires a redirect URL to be setup but I am not using any kind of public web application for this project.
Any help on how to solve this issue will be much appreciated.

Hey @richard.harper,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. In order to use an OAuth app, you will at least want to have an endpoint that is able to complete the OAuth flow. When testing, you can use something like Ngrok to create an HTTPS secured tunnel to your local server.

However, due to performance, reliability and maintenance concerns, using Ngrok on production isn’t recommended.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thank you for the quick response. I have one question related to your response.
Assuming I have one endpoint in production to complete the OAuth flow, will a user be required to respond to a browser at the endpoint or can it be pure, server to server communication?
Thank You,
Richard

Good question, @richard.harper.

Our OAuth flow requires that a user is redirected in the browser after authorizing an app. We don’t currently have a pure server-to-server connection/flow for OAuth. The alternative at the moment would be to utilize JWT authorization.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Thank you, will.zoom. My research shows that JWT cannot be used to send a chatbot message. Please correctly if I am misunderstanding.

I am now able to send the chatbot message using the “Client Credentials” flow as specified here:

Regards,

Richard

Hey @richard.harper,

Yes, that is correct. The Chatbot APIs required end-user authorization and therefore use OAuth.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.