Can not find class com.zipow.videobox.JoinByURLActivity

Description
Zoom SDK trying to start activity not decalre in it’s own manifest it appears?

Which version?
v4.6.21666.0429

To Reproduce(If applicable)

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: Unable to find explicit activity class {com.pwf.app/com.zipow.videobox.JoinByURLActivity}; have you declared this activity in your AndroidManifest.xml?  

In other posts it was mention that the SDK doesn’t directly call said activity but it does-
-Intent intent = new Intent(context, JoinByURLActivity.class);
-intent.setAction(“android.intent.action.VIEW”);
-intent.addCategory(“android.intent.category.BROWSABLE”);
-intent.addFlags(268435456);
-intent.setData(uri);
-context.startActivity(intent);

JoinByURLActivity.class package is:
package com.zipow.videobox;
public class JoinByURLActivity extends ZMActivity {

I am building in debug and proguard isn’t running to removing JoinByURLActivity so that leads me to believe JoinByURLActivity isn’t declare in the .aar file manifest.

Hi osborne,

Thanks for the post. Are you doing code obfuscation? If yes, you need to include the Zoom’s proguard rules we provided in the SDK.

Thanks!

“I am building in debug and proguard isn’t running”

There isn’t any code obfuscation happening. Navigating through the SDK files there doesn’t seem to be a manifest added to it which declares what activities can and can not run. I added the activities that don’t have permission to run, manually to our own manifest. We have the Android application working at this point. The next time the Android Zoom SDK is updated with a new .aar file I will check if the library’s manifest is there to know what the right settings for each activity needs to be.

In the future it would be nice to be able to add the Zoom Sdk with a gradle link… something along the lines of
implementation ‘com.us.zoom:zoom:1.5.2’

Hi osborne,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the great suggestion. I will pass it to the engineering team and investigate the possibility of supporting that in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like