Can we use API to create many meetings at the same time? may be 500 meetings

Description
I want to use Zoom for students to record their homework and save it into the cloud so I can take a look later. As per rules, the students have to start and finish their recording within a specific time so I will use API to create meetings for each student at the same start and end time. is there any limitation? As I know there is only one; limit of 100 requests per day, anything each?

Hi @limparty,

In regards to creating meetings via API, you’re correct that the main limitation to be aware of is a limit of creating/updating 100 meetings per day, per user.

Keep in mind that any meetings you create via API, you will only be able to make requests on behalf of Zoom users under your account (the account associated with the credentials you’re using to authenticate your requests).

Let me know if you have other questions about this.

Thanks,
Will

Hi,
Thanks for your information.

Could you please confirm that I can use only one account (host) to create 100 meetings via API (with automatic recording on the cloud) at the same date and time, then my students can join alone and (automatic) record their video, after leaving the video will be saved and sent API to my server to summarize who done it? I also will do some programming to get those videos to save into my server later.

Thanks
Lim

Hi @limparty,

To clarify, you could schedule 100 meetings at the same date and time only if they were scheduled under unique hosts — it’s not possible for 1 user/host to hold several meetings simultaneously at the same date and time. You would need to either create the meetings under unique hosts, or schedule them for different times.

I hope this helps to clarify,
Will

Hi,

As I explain that only students will join into their own meeting (I do not join any meeting). So I think it is possible to do this way, is it?

Thanks

Hi @limparty,

While only 1 student/participant will be joining each individual meeting, the meeting still needs to be scheduled under a host, even if you don’t join. So, you would need to schedule each meeting under a unique host to have them at the same time, regardless of whether or not the host joins.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.