Can you make the chat to be always visible alongside host video on mobile during meeting?

Hey, can you make the chat to be always visible alongside host video on mobile during meeting like for example during YouTube live streams where the video is on the top and chat on the bottom of the screen?

My users join via mobile without using the zoom app, I use SDK to make them watch in the mobile browser.

Now by default it seems that on mobile the user has just one line preview of the chat and if they want to type in the chat or to see more of it they need to open it but then it covers the entire screen which completely destroys the immersion.

And at the same time the host video is in the middle with lots of space unused at the top and bottom of the screen.

Is is possible to move the host video to the top and permanetnly show chat at the bottom like during YouTube live streams?

Thanks for help!

@twojpelnypotencjal,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum – I am happy to help. To begin, can you share the following information :

• Which Meeting SDK Platform?

• Which Meeting SDK version?

• Exact Steps To reproduce (If applicable)

• IDE (Integrated Development Environment) Console stack trace logs (If applicable)

• Device Crash logs (If applicable)

Are you using the Zoom Web SDK or Andriod SDK?

Can you share an example screenshot of the current view? Also, can you also share to mock-up of the UI you are looking to implement?

Once this information is provided, we will be able to provide more personalized support and guidance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.