Cannot hear the other user's voice

Description
Guest could hear host’s voice but the host couldn’t hear the guest’s voice.

Restarting the PC, reconnecting to meeting, creating new meeting did not solve the problem. They checked their audio using our own system checker tool but did not find any issues. The issue only happens when using the app with Zoom Web SDK. I notice audio data being sent and received by both users from the Zoom Dashboard.

Error
None

Which version?
Web SDK v.1.8.1

Device (please complete the following information):

• Web SDK v.1.8.1
  • Browser: Chrome

Additional context
Both users can see each other’s video. Some of our users are also encountering the same issue lately.

Hey @lfrancia,

Thanks for reporting this issue. We will take a look and see what the root cause is, and fix it. :slight_smile: (CS-2519)

-Tommy

1 Like

I’m facing the same problem with Chrome on Mac and SDK version 1.8.1.
I’ve tried the same code with SDK version 1.7.8 and it works

1 Like

Hi @tommy,

Thank you as always and we really appreciate your help.

The number of users, who had not encountered this issue before, is increasing. I hope we can get a feedback about this asap.

Regards,
Lara

Thanks for the additional info @lfrancia, @diego.dalbosco !

We are working on this.

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy

I had a similar issue with a meeting the 11/14. I will send you meeting ID by mail, can you check it please ?

Thank you.

Hey @ljacquel,

Yes we will investigate via the developersupport@zoom.us. In the future feel free to just notify us at developersupport@zoom.us, no need to post the same issue on both the devforum and the developer support email. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

For the meeting ids related to this thread, where should we send them? Should we post it here or email it to developersupport@zoom.us?

Lara

Hey @lfrancia,

Please send them to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi,

No news about this problem ?

We got other similar report, here is one:

• 2 participants A & B had a meeting and it was working fine until the audio of A suddenly stopped to reach B. All metrics on Zoom looks fine, no errors on the front-end reported.
  • Participant A left the meeting and rejoined but it did not solve the problem (still no audio - metrics were still fine)
  • Participant A (the host) ended the meeting and recreated a new one, both participants joined it but it did not solve the problem. They did this a second time and the problem was still there.

I’m sending you the zoom meeting IDS related to this case by email.

Thanks @nvivot,

We are still investigating the issue.

-Tommy

Hi @tommy,

The problem mentioned in the previous thread is still happening on 1.8.1 (we are migrating to 1.8.5 but not yet on production since there are still opened blocking bugs)

I send the meeting & details information on the support email.

Hey @nvivot,

Thank you, we are working on fixing this issue! :slight_smile: We will keep you posted.

-Tommy

Hey @lfrancia, @nvivot,

Our Web SDK engineers said 1.8.5 should have fixed this issue. Are you also seeing this issue on 1.8.5?

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy,

thanks for the feedback. We are not yet on 1.8.5 on production (will be done by 2 days)

We will re-open a new thread or post after this one if we encountered same or similar issues.

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks for the update! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@tommy

Unfortunately this problem does not seems to be fixed, or may continue to be caused by something else.

We switched to 1.8.5 on production during the night of Jan 07 to Jan 08 and got a report of 2 users on Jan 08 2PM having exact same symptoms on their meeting.
They ran a total of 3 different zoom meeting trying to solve it by creating new meeting instances.

On meeting 1:

• user 1 could not hear user 2
  • user 2 could hear user 1

On meeting 2:

• user 1 could hear user 2
  • user 2 could not hear user 1

I’m sending zoom meeting information and user identification per user case by email.

Hey @nvivot ,

Thanks for the details! :slight_smile: Our engineers are looking into this.

-Tommy

Hi,

We have already upgraded our application to use Web SDK v.1.8.5 , but unfortunately, the issue happened again on 2021/01/12 around 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM JST .

For the first 2 minutes of the meeting, they were still able to hear each other but after that suddenly one user started to be not able to hear the other user. They tried ending the meeting and created a new one but the issue persisted. They even tried to restart the computer but still the issue continued to happen.

We checked the zoom audio and video metrics but they looked fine. There was a little bit of latency (around 8ms) but is it enough to cause the user to not be able to hear the other user? Could you please check what might have caused the issue?

I have already sent the meeting IDs by email.

Regards,
Lara

Hey @lfrancia ,

Sorry to hear this issue happened again. We are looking into it and will provide an update asap.

-Tommy

1 Like