Cannot join a meeting with the sample-web-app

Hello

I’ve followed the steps listed at https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web/getting-started/quickstart and managed to start the sample web app, however when trying to join a valid meeting, the following error is recorded on the reCaptcha step:

Web SDK can’t validate your captcha because incognito mode is in use

Which is not the case at all, however, it seems that this is already a known issue for the latest version (1.7.9)

Then, I’ve tried running the versions 1.7.8 and 1.7.7 by locally branching your repo at the corresponding commits and for these versions the following error is recorded immediately after I click on the “Join” button:

Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

I am using a Windows 10 machine and I have a Basic (free) account

Please review this at your convenience and send us your feedback - thank you,
Catalin

Did you manage to resolve this issue as I am getting the same incognito error after recapture.

I’m also having the same problem here, did anyone manage to find a workaround/fix for this?

I saw some similar post, and the documentation, stating that you must run the app on port 80 or 443, not the 5000 as before. Perhaps that’s it?

See docs on GitHub

1 Like

Actually, already changed the default ports to 80 and 443, before recording the above errors.

It seems that the Captcha issue is known for the latest version, however, I cannot join a meeting with the older versions either.

Maybe it’s because I have a free account for creating a PoC for a customer, I’m waiting for support from a staff team member.

Thank you

WebSDK requires a pro account see this link

I think I’ll abandon zoom websdk and develop a webrtc solution.

2 Likes

Hey @shahid111142, @catalinb, @hpsantos90,

If you would like us to disable the recaptcha for your account, please fill out this form:

@daniel2, thanks for sharing the docs to the required ports.

-Tommy

Hi @tommy

Thank you for your feedback, will I be able to test a 1-to-1 video call with a free account with the latest sample app version if I opt out of reCaptha?

Thank you,
Catalin

Hey @catalinb,

To use the Web SDK you do need a Pro account. You can request a free trial here: isv@zoom.us.

Thanks,
Tommy