Breakout Room problem

Hello all,
I’m currently building my own custom in-meeting interface, and it’s all going great. There’s one problem: if I join a meeting and the host assigns me to a breakout room, nothing happens in my app. The invite to join the breakout room does not appears, and if I set it to move users automatically to the breakout rooms, nothing happens either. This problem DOES NOT occur if I use the built in UI of the sample provided in the zoom SDK guides. Is there any option that I should enable in my custom UI so that I can be sent to the breakout rooms by the host automatically?

I’m currently using the newest zoom SDK for Android.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hi vinicius.barbosa2,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Regarding your question, I have forwarded this to the engineering team and will get back to you shortly.

Thanks!

Hello Carson,

Ok, thanks for the help!

Hi vinicius_barbosa,

Thanks for the reply. Just would like to provide a quick update here that I have not heard back from the engineering team regarding this and I will keep you posted as soon as I heard anything. Pardon the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks!

Hi vinicius_barbosa,

Thanks again for the post. The Breakout room feature currently not supported in the Custom UI mode, I have made this as a feature request to the engineering team and we will add it in the future release. Please follow our Github repo for any updates: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-android

Thanks!

Hello @carson.zoom,
So you are telling I cannot create a breakout room with getInMeetingBOController().getBOCreatorHelper().createBO(String) even am the host of the meeting?

Hi vignesh,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you can. The breakout room is now available in Custom UI since v4.6.15801.0403. It was not supported when I replied above.

Thanks!

Hi vinicius_barbosa,

The Breakout room feature is now available in Custom UI. Please have a try with the latest version.

Thanks!

Hello @carson.zoom,
Thanks for replying. I used getInMeetingBOController().getBOCreatorHelper().createBO(String) and getInMeetingBOController().getBOCreatorHelper().startBO() but app tends to crash badly, could not see the logs or recover logs. Can you please provide a working example or sample project which has this feature.

Thanks,
R.Vignesh

Hello @carson.zoom,
Am able to make progress with the samples you have provided. I think I can able to figure it out.

Thanks,
R.Vignesh.

Hi R.Vignesh.,

Thanks for the reply. Our demo app has the implementation of the BO features, you may refer to the following:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

@carson.zoom thank you so much found it out.

Glad to be helpful. Happy Zooming! :slight_smile:

Hi @carson.zoom,

I have a few more questions about Breakout room implementation in Custom UI.
I use iOS mobile SDK v4.6.21666.0428. I checked out BOMeetingViewController that shows how to use Breakout room feature in Custom UI. But I can’t find some use-cases and wondering are they possible at all in Custom UI with current SDK or not.

Use-cases:

1. The meeting host is able to configure Breakout room behavior as shown in the attached picture. Is it possible to get those settings on the client-end using Mobile SDK?
  2. Does SDK have a method for ‘Ask for help’ button inside the breakout room?
  3. Is it possible to display a message broadcasted to the breakout room by the host?
  4. When the host closes the breakout rooms onLostAttendeeRightsNotification delegate’s method is triggered. But at this point [[[MobileRTC sharedRTC] getMeetingService] getAttedeeHelper] returns nil. Therefore, I can’t call to leaveBO attendee’s method. I need to leave and rejoin the meeting in order to get to the Main room. It looks like a workaround. Is any simpler way to return to the Main room?

Thanks!

Hi @Aleksandr,

Thanks for the reply/ Regarding your questions:

Currently we do not have interfaces to get those settings so these are not supported in Custom UI.

Call the leaveMeeting and then call join meeting again is the right way and so far the only way to do so.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for the answers. Yes, your assistance is very helpful!

Could I file a feature request for the extended support of the Breakout room feature in Custom UI?

Hey @Aleksandr,

Sure you can. I will help to forward these feature requests to the engineering team and they will investigate the possibilities of supporting this and add them based on their bandwidth. Will keep you posted if I have any updates regarding this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Cool. @carson.zoom thanks for your assistance!

1 Like