Change virtual background by API or web client SDK

Hi ! I I have 2 questions that need to be answered :

Question 1 : Does it possible to change user’s virtual background image using API ?
Question 2 : Does the web client SDK currently support changing the virtual background?

If it’s not, Do you have plans to implement this method ?

Hey @vo.duy.nghia,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We don’t have an API or SDK function to change the virtual background of a user. This will be available in a future feature called Zoom Apps.

If you would like to see this via the API or SDK, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for your answer !

I have a case like this, please help me with the solution.

• I have a system consisting of 2 components: Admin and Customer.
  • Admin will create a room meeting by zoom and sending information of room for Customer join.
  • Admin join meeting by browser ( Web SDK Client ) , Customer join meeting by App Zoom.
  • For Admin, they only open the camera without the virtual background.
  • So I have 1 question as follows :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: : How can the Admin open the Camera with virtual background for the customer to see ?

Thanks <3

Hey @vo.duy.nghia,

Got it, thanks for letting me know. When it comes to the Web SDK, we don’t currently support Virtual Backgrounds.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.