Changing the display name of the host in a webinar

In my application, I have users who will be hosting webinars that do not have Zoom accounts. When the user starts the webinar, I’d like to change the host name to be their name. I’ve used the Update User endpoint to update the name of the host, but it only changes the host name on the info screen, but not in the participants list. See the following screenshot. The box in green is correct, but the box in red does not match. They should both be ‘Wendy Pine’.

I tried adding the uname parameter to start url, but that didn’t work: https://zoom.us/s/93037118479?uname=newname&zak={redacted}

I also tried using the URL protocol, but the webinar wouldn’t even launch: zoommtg://zoom.us/start?confno=93037118479&uname=myname&token={redacted - obtained with Get User Token endpoint}

Is there any way to do this?

Hey @chris.ota,

Thanks for pointing this out—I don’t believe it’s possible for the original host name to be updated where you’ve outlined with the green box, but I would recommend reaching out to Zoom Support for further confirmation on this, as they would be best suited to confirm this in the Zoom Client.

Let me know if you have any other questions related to this that I can help with.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom ,

I was able to change the name in the green box using the Update User endpoint @tommy recommended here - Change the host name. It’s the name in the red box that I would also like to change, but it doesn’t seem to be affected by the Update User endpoint. Should I reach out to Zoom Support for that as well?

Hey @chris.ota,

Oh, I see—thank you for clarifying, and apologies for not catching that the first time. Since this is in the Zoom Client, I would still recommend confirming this with Zoom Support, as they’re the experts.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.