Chrome brower - User agent reduction support on web sdk

I don’t know if at Zoom you are aware of this (despite the fact you say you work closely with chromium team)

The deprecation of the old user agent setup has started since a few Chrome browser releases now.

From the investigation of the Chrome 100 bug in the Web SDK, i know that you are heavily relying on the user agent data to detect the support of the user’s platform. I did not check again your code but if my memory is correct you are still using the old data (location & format) which means if nothing is done on the SDK it will stop to work from Chrome 113 for sure and potentially before depending on which data you are using as they are progressively deprecated version after version.
Here is their current deprecation schedule.

If you don’t know how to migrate to the new standard, here is a good tutorial:

@donte.zoom
Could you please check that and make sure this is covered by your team as a urgent matter.
We don’t want to have to deal with another Chrome 100 mess and spend our time convincing you about a coming disaster.

1 Like

Hey @nvivot ,

Thanks for sharing, we are reviewing with the team and will share an update here before end of week.

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy

Thank you for your checking it !

Hey @nvivot ,

After reviewing our SDK code, we do not use the user-agent reduction strings (such as minorVersion, detailed platform, oscpu, androidVersion, and so on). But we will still follow the recommendation, and migrate to the new User-Agent Client Hints.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy

Got it, thanks again for double checking this.

1 Like

Happy to help @nvivot ! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.