Chrome not show panelist video when sharing screen

Hi
When in chrome browser, the panelist’s video does not appear when he is sharing the screen.
I tested it with other browsers (Firefox and Safari) and it appears.
I am using SDK 1.9.0 and this only started to happen when I upgraded from 1.8.6 to this latest version. In SDK 1.8.6 it worked correctly.
Is there any reason for this to happen?

Firefox:

Chome

Thank you

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, v1.9.0 only supports showing the Speaker View to other panelists while the speaker is screen sharing. I confirmed this with our development team recently. We are working to add a side-by-side speaker view to attendees in a future release.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi MaxM
But that only happens in the Chrome browser.
In Firefox and Safari the image of the panelist appears.
The images I sent demonstrate this. One image, with panelist, in firefox and the other, without panelist, in Chrome, with SDK 1.9.0.
What happens is that, in a webinar, there were people complaining that they did not see the panelist and others saying that they did. It was not easy for us to realize this. But it only happens in the Chrome browser… which is used by a lot of people.
Please check with the development team because there is something that is not right.
Thanks

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for the clarification, that’s good information to have. I’ve forwarded this information to our engineering team in order to have them check this again. I’ll keep you updated here. (CS-3011)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @eventos.gestao,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and indicated that this is indeed expected behavior. The reasoning for this is that the Web SDK matches the functionality of the Web Client and we can see this same behavior in the Web Client.

This is a feature that our engineering team is working to add in a future release.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.