Host Video not visible on Share screen mode

Description
Hello, we are using new Web SDK 1.9.0.
In the Share screen mode (i.e host sharing the screen) in Webinar, the Host video is not displayed in the browser

Which version?

Hey @satish.gowda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Just to clarify, is this something that you saw with previous versions of the Web SDK? Are you able to send screenshots showing this in earlier versions?

Thanks,
Max

@satish.gowda

Have you check the CPU specifications of you users ?
The Zoom Web SDK can deactivate the video when doing screen sharing if there is not enough CPU.
On the host side (participant doing the screen sharing), this can happen when there is not enough CPU to process the video encoding (both the screen sharing and the camera)
On the non host side (participant receiving it), this can happen when there is not enough CPU to process video rendering.
In such case, the screen sharing processing take priority over the camera video.

As you still receive the screen sharing data, it should not be because of network issue (video can deactivate due to non streamed data because of the network speed being too low compared to the amount of data to transfer)

Hey @satish.gowda,

Thank you for your patience. I handled another issue similar to this today and have reached out to our engineering team to see if this a defect or is related to another issue. Let me know if the following forum post covers your issue:

Thank you for the input @nvivot! That’s a good point.

Thanks,
Max

Hi, I am also facing the same issue, when will it be fixed?

Hey @abami,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I don’t have a timeline as to when this will be available but I know that our engineering team is actively working to add it. You can stay up-to-date with the latest changes on our changelog.

Thanks,
Max

Any update on this bug? Is there a hotfix in the works?

Hey @derek.nickell,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I don’t have any new information on this bug for you just yet. Please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max

I am also facing the same issue.

Hey @habanvee,

Thank you for indicating your need for this feature. We’ll be sure to add this as soon as we can. In the meantime, please subscribe to our changelog in order to stay up-to-date with the latest features and fixes.

Thanks,
Max

Hello all,

This issue seems specific to browsers. Seems to work just fine in Firefox but not in Edge or Chrome.

1 Like

Hey @chris.russo ,

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue and the version of the Web SDK you are using?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

Yes no problem. We are the latest version 1.90 and here is a screenshot from Firefox and from Chrome.

Hey @chris.russo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Currently, we don’t support this view when using Chrome with a Webinar. Please see the following post:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hello, I am wondering if there is an ETA on the fix for this, thank you.

Hey @chris.russo,

I don’t have an ETA on when we will expand support for this feature. I can say that the Web SDK development closely follows that of the Zoom Web Client. When it comes to this issue, we are waiting for support to be added in the Zoom Web Client so that we can implement that same support within the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.