Clarifications on user flow for meetings

USE CASE
Hi, Please i have an existing app(Educational) where we have class creators and students that join those classes. We want to add zoom integration so creators can host live meetings with their students on our app. (We are using a nodejs backend and React frontend)

WHAT I HAVE TRIED
Looking at the Apis i understand that when a class creator wants to schedule a meeting we can create them as “Users” on our company zoom account and so that will make them Hosts for the meeting(I hope this is correct)…Creating a user and scheduling meetings i have figured out, So request can be made from our react front end to our server and our server then makes a request to the zoom apis.

CONFUSION
I know that creating meetings returns a “start_url”, and that’s where my confusion starts. How can the students on our platform join the meeting created by the class creators? I do not see any join meeting api. will they have to use the main zoom app(We dont want that as we want to have like a customized ui for the actual meetings…Is this possible?)…And how will the class creators then start the meeting that they had initially scheduled?? Cause my initial thought was that Just like we have api request to create meetings and users, we can have our own Ui where we display to students meeting scheduled by the class creator and then the students click a button to join meeting and they are added to the meeting in our customized ui.

SUMMARY
Seeing my use case can we have a customized Ui for students joining a meeting? and class creators starting the meeting after they have initially scheduled the meeting?? Or they can only create the meeting from our app but have to go use the main zoom app to conduct the meeting? Thanks

Hey @greatchinex,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help. So far, you’ve understood everything mostly correctly. :slight_smile:

First, regarding:

I know that creating meetings returns a “start_url”, and that’s where my confusion starts. How can the students on our platform join the meeting created by the class creators? I do not see any join meeting api

You’re on the right path! Actually, a join_url is also provided in the response to the Create Meeting API:

The start_url can be used for the host, and the join_url can be provided to each of your participants/students.

As for your question regarding embedding Zoom in your own UI:

If you wish to embed Zoom directly on your site instead of using the Zoom Client/App, you can embed Zoom directly on your site using our Web SDK:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web

You can find our sample apps in Node.js and Angular.js here:

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Will

That clears things up Nicely, Much Appreciated, God bless.

Hey @greatchinex,

I’m glad to hear that @will.zoom answered your questions! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.