Client crash when opening chat window

We have a ZoomOSC user who reported a crash when opening the chat dialogue in Zoom in Windows 10. ZoomOSC on this platform is based on SDK release 5.4.54524.1229.

I sent the client a build of the example app (without any of my changes) and they are able to repeat the issue in this clean copy on every attempt, so it looks like the SDK is kneecapping apps built on it for this customer. I cannot reproduce it in our office on any computer, but the client’s system does it every time. Any ideas?

The client is also happy to offer his system if you need to take a look, happy to facilitate whatever can be helpful to Zoom on this. Not a good look for either of us when the app randomly kills itself.

Hey @liminal_andy,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is good to see you again :slight_smile:

Hmm that is strange. Can you verify if that client has “Required minimum client version” enabled for their applications? We have seen some strange behavior for certain accounts with this setting toggled lately.

Thanks!
Michael

I’ve been able to reproduce it! It happens when screen scaling is set to 150-200%, the client will crash when the chat window is opened.

Hey @liminal_andy,

Oh ok that makes things easier :slight_smile:
Can you confirm these are the steps to reproduce:

• Join a meeting
  • Scale screen to 150-200%
  • Open chat window
  • Observe crash

Is there any other information that might be relevant?

Thanks!
Michael

Reverse steps 1 and 2. If I have a 4K display, for example, I will probably run that at 150-200% scale in Windows because it is too hard to see icons otherwise. So that is the base state. Then, the Zoom SDK apps will crash after joining a meeting and opening the chat dialogue. The change in scale does not need to occur during the meeting.

I’ll also note that there are other wacky things happening in the SDK apps at this scale. Video dialogues in the settings box are rendering in such a way that they take over the page…

Hey @liminal_andy,

I have been messing around with this, and have not been able to crash it just yet. However, I am seeing strange window behavior when the window is at scale and the chat window is presented/dismissed.
I will inform the engineers of this.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @liminal_andy,

Would you be able to send over a demo application or crash dump to developersupport@zoom.us?
Make sure to mention my name or a link to this post.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Great, I’ve sent it in.

Hey @liminal_andy,

Awesome! Thank you so much for doing that. I have received it and the team will investigate further.

Michael

No problem. It’s basically the stock client with my dev token automatically entered when launched.

Sounds good!

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.