Closed caption sequence number

Hello

I am looking to build a closed caption application, I have got a test working fine with the POST API however one issue I have is that if different users want to caption the same meeting at different times (so one does the first hour, another does the next) then as far as I can see the first user would need to send their final sequence number to the second user, otherwise the second user’s captions wouldn’t be displayed.

Is there a way to reset the sequence index? Or alternatively is there any harm with me using the current time (in ms) as the sequence number, as then I know the captions will always be in order even though some sequence numbers will be missed?

Hey @richard1,

Just so we are on the same page, are you referring to this process?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello

Yes - this is it, what I am finding at the moment is that if I am sending a caption for the first time, or after a long gap from the previous, and start with a sequence of 0 then all is just about fine, however if the sequemce number misses some steps, or reverts back to an earlier number then things go wrong.

Ideally I would have a way of telling zoom to reset the sequence count to zero so that if i need to re-start my application then it can do this. Otherwise I will need to cache the current sequence number but this does leave some room for error.

Thanks

Richard

Hey @richard1,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us, they will be able to better assist since this endpoint is seperate from the Zoom Developer Platform.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.