Cloud recording downloaded by API marked downloaded by the Owner in "Recording Analytics"

As the subject, the API " GET # /meetings/{meetingId}/recordings" is used to archive the cloud recording through PowerShell. Starting from around mid Nov, users reported that their recordings were downloaded by the “Owner” when checking through the recordings -> Recording Analytics. They were surprised and felt offended as they never share the recordings to the owner. This symptom was not found when the archiving was done in early Nov.

Although this is totally logical, is there any other method to get rid of this? As it is possible for more and more users to ask why their recordings were downloaded by someone they don’t recognize.

Thanks.

Hey @cckevinc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. As I wasn’t able to confirm this change to the API in our changelogs, I’ve reached out to our internal team to confirm this change and see if there is a way to avoid the files being marked as Downloaded By Owner. I’ll be sure to update you when I hear back from them. (ZOOM-224820)

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to the update.

Hey @cckevinc,

I heard back from an internal team that was able to confirm this was an intended change to the API. If you’re using a JWT token, it will say it was downloaded by the owner. If you use an OAuth token, it will say it was downloaded by an authorized user.

Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this behavior. If you would like the ability to hide this information included as a feature in a future release, I recommend posting to our #feature-requests category.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max, I will check which way works the best for me first.

Hey @cckevinc,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that answered your questions! If you have any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.