Compilation failed when integrate Zoom

Description
Hello,

When I try to integrate Zoom into an existing application, I get the following error and the build fails.

Error statement:

Android resource compilation failed

C:\Users\GODA\Desktop\onrepo_lb_app_androidx\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values\values.xml:14063: AAPT: error: duplicate value for resource 'attr/stroke_width' with config ''.

C:\Users\GODA\Desktop\onrepo_lb_app_androidx\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values\values.xml:14063: AAPT: error: resource previously defined here.

C:\Users\GODA\Desktop\onrepo_lb_app_androidx\app\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values\values.xml: AAPT: error: file failed to compile.

I think it’s caused by in res/values/values.xml in mobilertc.aar, but I’d like to know how to fix it.

Thanks.

Which Android Meeting SDK version?

zoom sdk android : 5.7.1.1268
Android Gradle Plugin Version : 3.5.0
Gradle Version : 5.4.1
compileSdkVersion : 28
minSdkVersion : 24
targetSdkVersion : 28
AndroidStudioVersion : 4.0.2

Hi @KAZUMA87, thanks for the post.

Based on the error message, it appears that there is a naming collision in your project. What leads you to believe this is caused by a value in the SDK?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom , thanks for your reply.

This error message did not appear before I installed the zoom SDK, mobilerct, and commonlib, so I’m assuming one of these is the cause.
I did a full search for the name stroke_width using ctrl+shift+f and only found one, and changing it to custom_stroke_width did not remove the error message.
Therefore, I looked at the contents of mobilertc.aar and commonlib.aar and found that there was a section in mobilertc/res/values/values.xml that also used stroke_width, so I think that is the cause.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Thanks for the additional information. So it sounds like there is a naming collision between your project and the SDK, but it is not clear why it wasn’t resolved when you renamed the resource in your project. After renaming, are you still seeing the error if you clean and rebuild? What about after invalidating caches and restarting?

Thanks!

I’m also experiencing a compilation error with the same SDK version: 5.7.1.1268

These are the errors I see:
AAPT: error: duplicate value for resource ‘attr/progress’ with config ‘’.
AAPT: error: resource previously defined here.

Seems to relate to this value:

I don’t have this defined in my code. Can someone help?
***** edited ******
I found the problematic attr “progress” that I defined in our code and changed its name

I’m glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out with any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I’m getting a few errors like this one:
*****/mobilertc/build/.transforms/1fc863a1c2f86c1ae6043f9154b16ff5/jetified-mobilertc/res/layout/activity_media_player.xml:7: AAPT: error: attribute fastforward_increment (aka datosapp.datos_healthad.com.unified:fastforward_increment) not found.

Hi @idit.barash,

You were able to successfully build before these errors showed up, right? What changes were made in your project between then and now?

Thanks!

Hi Jon,
Of course it compiled :slight_smile: The only change is that I replaced the commonlib.aar and the mobilertc.aar with the new version.

Thanks Idit

Hi @idit.barash,

Based on your previous posts, you were already on the latest version of the SDK when you resolved the issue you were having before. Has anything changed in your project since that issue was resolved?

Thanks!

The latest SDK never compiled with my project. I solved one compilation error and then I got the second one. No other changes were made

Hi @idit.barash,

I see, thanks for clarifying. If you were updating from an older version of the SDK, it is possible that the required dependencies have changed, depending on which version you were previously using. An easy way to check this would be to look at the SDK sample app’s mobilertc/build.gradle file and compare the dependencies there against your project.

Thanks!

Thanks!! I copied the dependencies from the mobilertc/build.gradle and it compilde.
Thank you for your help

That’s great to hear it’s building, glad I was able to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.