Connecting videosdk-web-sample to videosdk-auth-endpoint-sample

has anyone successfully connected videosdk-web-sample to videosdk-auth-endpoint-sample?

Zoom Video SDK documentation is adamant of building a JWT auth server end point and not publishing sdk keys. However, I’m finding hooking these two code samples together is not straightforward as I imagined it should be. It seems “sdkKey” is used throughout the client sample app and there is confusing and duplicated naming conventions for parameters (name/password vs userIdentity/userIdentity and token vs signature and use of geoRegions)

Can the Zoom devs please improve the connectivity between these two code bases? or suggest another way to safely deploy the sample app for production (would be awesome to have a “deploy to heroku” button like on the auth endpoint sample). Sorry for the venting, I’ve spent a week trying to figure this out without luck.

Hi @nventurino ,

If you’re trying to add in a server-side JWT authentication to the current videosdk-web-sample application, this video should provide some guidance on creating a backend within your application and sending necessary data between it and the frontend.

Thanks,
Rehema

Hi @rehema.zoom Thanks for your response and the link to the video. Over the past week I’ve watched all the YouTube content you’ve created and it’s been very helpful. I appreciate all the work you and your team has done to create the video content, workshops, and newsletter, and overall build out the dev ecosystem. I see it!

My point was moreso a request that these two “sample app” repos be compatible with each other. does my request makes sense and seem reasonable?

This could be as simple as some commented out code for either fetchJWTRemotely or generateJWTLocally