Video SDK SSL Error + Config Question

I’m receiving an SSL error when trying to access the Video SDK app using the URL of “mydomain.com:3000” (“mydomain” replaced with my actual domain name of course). However, in Chrome I am getting a “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR” error, and on Firefox, I am getting a “SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG” error. I am following the exact commands to install and initialize the React version of the Video SDK sample app as listed here: GitHub - zoom/sample-app-videosdk: zoom videosdk web demo.

I already have a qualified domain with an SSL certificate already installed on this, so there should be no reason in getting this error.

The reason why I need SSL is because I am getting this error when trying to access the app over regular http: Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘getDisplayMedia’). Reading up on this, it is because the getDisplayMedia function requires a secure page, hence SSL.

My other question relates to the dev.ts file under react-demo/src/config/dev.ts:

export const devConfig = {
  sdkKey: ''
  sdkSecret: ''
  topic: '',
  name: `${getExploreName()}-${Math.floor(Math.random() * 1000)}`,
  password: ''
  signature: ''
};

I know that the sdkKey and sdkSecret are the JWT credentials in the Zoom Marketplace.

For the “topic” and “password” options, do I need to specify any topic/password I want?

I already have a signature node server I established using the videosdk-sample-signature-node.js app on github. Can’t I just specify the signature server endpoint instead of a signature I need to manually input in every time?

Thanks

Hi @alanh2o,

For your 2nd question, here are some key things to take note

1. sdkKey and sdkSecret are found in the SDK section instead of the JWT section.
  2. Topic refers to the “Session Name” which host and participants are going to join.
    Topic is a mandatory field. Do take note of the topic limit here Authentication
  3. Password is an optional field, with a limit of 10 characters. If set, the session will be private and can only be joined if the user provides a valid password.
  4. The sample code facilitates developer in their dev/test. We strongly recommend that you design your authentication flow base on security best practices.