Controlling Meeting Creation Notifications

I am using a JWT app to create events via the API. They are recurring events, something like 40 meetings created in a single call to [POST /users/{userId}/meetings]. Is it possible to control the notifications that get sent to the host? I have seen alternate hosts get a single email with a list of all 40 meetings, which is preferable. I have also seen the meeting host get 40 individual emails, which is not great. Is there some way to control this, or some documentation about who will get what notifications? Thanks,

Ed

Hey @emhenn,

Are you trying to notify the host or alternative host/s?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy -

It looks like what is actually happening is that alternate hosts get a single email showing the whole series of events. The actual host is apparently not getting notified. Is this due to profile settings on the user maybe?

What I would like is pretty much the opposite - send the series in an email to the host, and nothing to the alternate hosts. Is this controllable?

Ed

Hey @emhenn,

You can adjust the email notification settings in your Zoom settings: https://zoom.us/profile/setting

If the emails notifications you want to adjust are not there, you can turn off the notifications and handle sending the emails in a custom way via a 3rd party like SendGrid.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.