Create a meeting with Xamarin

Hello ,

I want to interagrate zoom SDK in my xamarin c# application.How i could create meeting in app and share the link of meeting to other memebers to join the meeting?
Is there any sample available for Xamarin+Zoom SDK integration in both Andorid and IOS?

Hi @tushars,

Welcome to the community!

The Zoom SDK is used to join meetings from an application, and isn’t used to create meetings. Instead, you should be looking at the Zoom API. This is a RESTful service which is easily integrated into your Xamarin app.

Information on how to consume RESTful services can be found in Microsoft’s documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/data-cloud/web-services/rest

I hope this helps!
Alex

@alexmayo Thanks this really helps.
One more thing whether we can use zoom API (Create meeting/ join meeting / share a meeting link) for Xamarin + IOS application ?
If you have any samples for those please share it with me ?
Tushar.

Hi @tushars,

No problem at all.

You can use the Zoom API anywhere where you can make HTTP requests. A code example for Xamarin + iOS can be found here: Xamarin.iOS - HTTP Client - Code Samples | Microsoft Docs

Thanks,
Alex

@alexmayo
There is xamarin.zoom.ios plugin in nugget for iOS is that SDK provide me the create meeting and share the link of created one to members?

And if I used zoom api in xamarin iOS application how do I Call zoom pages(ui) on my cross platform app?

Hi @tusharsm,

You will only be able to use the Zoom API with Xamarin. To use the Zoom SDK (meeting interface) to join meetings then you will need to use the native iOS SDK. There isn’t a Xamarin C# SDK.

Thanks,
Alex

@alexmayo

Is there any price list provided for use of Zoom API and limitations how many users can join meeting ?

Hi,

The page you’re looking for is here.

The maximum participants for each package is as follows:

Free: 100
Pro: 100
Business: 300
Enterprise: 500

You can purchase the large meetings addon for Pro, Business or Enterprise plans which allows you to host meetings for up to 500 or 1000 participants.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @tushars, thanks for using our SDK.

Thank you @alexmayo for providing all of that super useful information!

If you have any additional questions regarding using our REST APIs, please feel free to post over in #api-and-webhooks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This would be really helpful info u provided thanks.

1 Like

@alexmayo Thanks.The provided link is really helpful.

While using zoom api/sdk in iOS app how much bandwidth it consumes any idea on this?
Or
How Much Data is Consumed for 1-Hour of Audio & Video Conferencing on Zoom?

1 Like

Hi @tushars,

I’ve never really looked into the data usage for iOS apps, but I guess it’d be similar to that of the web SDK. You’re looking at around 1-2GB for an hour long group call.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @tushars,

The bandwidth requirements for our SDKs are the same as the Zoom client and can be found here. The exact amount of data used may vary based on various factors, including number of participants and video quality (i.e. whether or not HD is enabled).

Thanks!

1 Like

@alexmayo Hi Alex,

Do I need to sign in as host first to zoom screen to use create api/schedule api in xamarin?

Hi @tushars,

I don’t quite understand your question. There’s no sign-in required to use the API, instead you just call the API using your developer credentials.

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @tushars,

As a friendly reminder, please keep all questions related to the REST API in the #api-and-webhooks category. We are happy to help in this category with anything related to the Client SDK. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.