What is the best way to use zoom while working on Xamarin?

Xamarin Developer which is framework provided by Microsoft as hybrid framework to develop mobile applications. If anybody can help me best way to work with Xamarin like creating c# wrapper for IOS Sdk or Using Rest API framework but that will not provide benefits of sdk functionality ?

Hey @kdave

Thanks for using the dev forum. At the moment Zoom only supports a native SDK for iOS. However, you should be able to embed the MobileRTC framework (the Zoom Native iOS SDK framework) into Xamarin.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Zoom only supports a native SDK for iOS - so whether while using SDK in ios

1. we can create zoom meeting?
    2.link sharing for in-app page for the created meeting available?

No could we use the zoom api for ios?

Hey @tushars,

The SDK does support creating/scheduling new Zoom meetings, however there are known stability issues with this area of the SDK so we recommend using the RESTful API for this instead: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon Thanks for the important info…but should we SDK in our xamarin iOS app or not yet?
For stability how much time it will take any idea?

Hey @tushars,

I am sorry, I am having trouble understanding the question. Are you asking if your should put the iOS SDK in your Xamarin app?

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon For Xamarin iOS project which versions of iOS the SDK is compatible?
Means for android I am using nuget package Xamarin.Android.Zoom with adnroid target version -10.0 Q and above for android then what version we could use the sdk package( Xamarin.iOS.Zoom) for Xamarin?

Hey @tushars,

The iOS SDK supports iOS 8 and up.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Thanks for the given info.
Whether we can create zoom link(created meeting or scheduled meeting by host) sharing for in-app page using SDK in iOS for members whom I Invite?

like below link :
Join Zoom Meeting
[Error - Zoom?pwd=RUpxaxcqwertyT084UThzQWxOUT09]**

Should I create the link so the invited members by clicking link directly join the schedule meeting in our app?

Hey @tushars,

If you are using the SDK, the link can open the meeting inside of your application. Otherwise it will open in the Zoom application.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon Ok but there are some stability issues right if we use SDK in xamarin?
So I am going to integrate Restful API of zoom inside my iOS app so should I create meeting and share that link in my app?

Hi @Michael_Condon ,

Do I need to sign in as host first to zoom screen to use create api/schedule meeting api in xamarin ioS?

Hey @tushars,

There is not known stability issues with the SDK in Xamarin, it is just not directly supported. There are stability issues with the premeeting service in the SDK however.

You do not need to sign in, however, you need a token to be able to call RESTful API endpoints.

Thanks!
Michael

@Michael_Condon How to add participants while creating zoom meeting using api?
Is this part available for free version i.e.Creating a meeting with participants and adding created meeting invite to everyone?

Hey @tushars,

I am not entirely sure, as I am not an API expert. However, the people in the #api-and-webhooks section of the dev forum should be able to help you out :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like