Create Meeting maxing out at 50 occurrences

Description
Despite the docs saying the range for end_times is 1-365 it is effectively 50

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Meeting Create: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
POST this to the above URL:
{“topic”:“all year”,“agenda”:“oeu”,“type”:8,“start_time”:“2021-09-01T00:00:00Z”,“duration”:60,“settings”:{“host_video”:false,“in_meeting”:false,“join_before_host”:true,“mute_upon_entry”:false,“participant_video”:false,“registrants_confirmation_email”:true,“use_pmi”:false,“waiting_room”:false,“watermark”:false,“registrants_email_notification”:true,“enforce_login”:false},“recurrence”:{“type”:1,“repeat_interval”:1,“end_times”:365}}

There will be only 1 occurence

If you drop it down to 50 it will actually make the occurences
{“topic”:“fitty”,“agenda”:“oeu”,“type”:8,“start_time”:“2021-09-01T00:00:00Z”,“duration”:60,“settings”:{“host_video”:false,“in_meeting”:false,“join_before_host”:true,“mute_upon_entry”:false,“participant_video”:false,“registrants_confirmation_email”:true,“use_pmi”:false,“waiting_room”:false,“watermark”:false,“registrants_email_notification”:true,“enforce_login”:false},“recurrence”:{“type”:1,“repeat_interval”:1,“end_times”:50}}

Hey @Michael_prox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is the expected behavior for Zoom. Please see our guide on recurring meetings and let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

The 50 occurrence limit is a blocker in a registered meeting. It will require all the participants to re-register, which is not possible as I have 500+ participants.

Is there an option to have an indefinite meeting setup with participant registration?

Thanks.

Hey @nayagoet,

One option would be to set No Fixed Time on the meeting recurrence. However, the best option may be to obtain a list of registrants from one of the 50 occurrences and use that information to automatically register your participants for the next batch of 50 occurrences.

You could use the List Meeting Registrants API and the Add Meeting Registrant API for this.
Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.