User is not registered for all provided occurrence_ids

User is not registered for all provided occurrence_ids

Description
When I send add registrant request with list of occurrences - user is registered only for one occurrence

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /meetings/{meetingId}/registrants?occurrence_ids=

How To Reproduce (If applicable)

For example when I send request POST /meetings/89133870939/registrants?occurrence_ids=1642711140000,1642365540000,1643056740000 - I see that user was added only for occurrence 1642365540000 which is very strange.

Hi @hlib

Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Support! I am happy to help here!
Is this happening for one particular meeting or happening for all the meetings that you are trying to add registrants too.

I will debug on my side and try to reproduce this issue to come back to you
Best,
Elisa

Hi, @elisa.zoom ! Thank you for your reply. It is happening for all meetings that I am trying. So every time I send request with list of several occurrences - registrant is added only to 1 occurrence from my list.

Hi, @elisa.zoom ! Are there some updates about this?

Hi @hlib

Thanks for your patience! I was able to do some testing on my side and I noticed that when you create a recurrent meeting, you can pass certain settings on your request body

Can you please make sure that when you are creating this recurrent meeting, you are enabling registration_type=1 so you will only need to add the registrants once and they will be able to attend any meeting occurrence.

If this is not helpful, could you please share with me the entire request body that you are sending when creating this series of meetings?

Best,
Elisa

Hi, @elisa.zoom . Sorry, but it is not our business model. Our meetings are created with registration_type=2 as each occurrence is separate ticket. Usually users buy 1 tickets but sometimes they can buy for example ticket for 5 occurrences for meeting of 10 occurrences. All was working but then we notices that you have added limits and we can send only 3 registration requests for 1 user for 1 meeting during 1 day. So I found that if needed we can make 1 call with list of occurrences but for some reason it register user only for 1 random occurrence from the list.

Hi @hlib
Ah I see! Thank you so much for sharing this with me.
I have done some testing on my end and I was able to reproduce this behavior.
I have created a ticket about this and will update you as soon as I hear back from our Engineering team (ZOOM-340561 for referenct)

Thanks for your patience while I investigate this issue further
Best,
Elisa

Thank you @elisa.zoom . Do you know some estimations when this will be fixed. And also maybe you can remove limit for 3 registration calls for 1 user for 1 meeting during 1 day until this is fixed? As this is the only feature that allows to register user for several occurrences of the meeting without rate limit but it doesn’t work.

Hi @hlib
Thanks for your patience while I investigate this issue further
I heard back from our Engineering team about this issue and they have confirmed that the behavior you are seeings is actually our design.

If a recurring meeting is configured with “Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend” registration mode, it needs the user to register to each occurrence, also you can see the registration page in the web, you only can choose one occurrence, please see the below screenshot,

The query parameter

will only work for meetings with “Allow Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences”

Unfortunately I can not remove the limit of 3 registration calls for 1 user for 1 meeting during 1 day.

Cheers,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom . This is awful behaviour. It has no sense to work only for “Attendees register once and can attend any meeting occurrences”. What is the sense to pass list of occurrences here if user register only once and then can enter every occurrence anyway? And opposite - In “Attendees must register foreach meeting occurrence” it has sense as we need somehow specify which occurrences we allow user to attend. So you added limit for 1 day for 1 user for 1 meeting and on your forums you are telling to user occurrence_ids parameter in one call to avoid rate limit but finally occurrence_ids parameter also doesn’t work. So there is no solution at all, isn’t it? You definitely should at least remove limit for meetings with type 2 if solution you made to avoid rate limit doesn’t work for meeting with type=2

Hi @hlib
I understand how this can be inconvenient for you
The limit for this endpoint is actually 3 requests for the same user to the same meeting ID.

Hi @elisa.zoom . It doesn’t look like you understand :frowning_face: As you are putting limits and restrictions which can’t be solved. It is bug, not feature.

Hi @hlib
This change on our API was intended and I am sorry for any inconvenience that this might have cause you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.