Create new meeting via ZOOM API

Hello everybody,

I want to integrate our LMS (Learning Managment System) with the ZOOM. I found some solutions by myself but I still have some issues/questions about creating a new meeting via API - idea is create a form with settings of a meeting to fill up in LMS and then create the meeting while save the form (send POST request /users/{userId}/meetings) :

1. Is it posible to set up who can join to the meeting - only logged or everyone users without authorization?
  2. Enable/disable default sound on every user join to the meeting?
  3. Creating and dividing rooms?
  4. Send meeting event via email to Outlook (others) to assigned users to this meeting in LMS
  5. Join to the meeting only via mobile phone?
  6. Possibility of saving chat automaticly?
  7. Module of polls and guestions?

Additionally:

1. When the user exit the meeting, would be redirected back to LMS.
  2. Where will be end point URL for created meeting? User who log in into LMS, choose the training who contains the ZOOM meeting and he will press button “Join to the meeting”. In that case, ZOOM will ask for log in or without login to join to this meeting? I would like to know the flow of this approach.

Will be JWT or OAuth used.

Best Regards
Grzegorz

Hi @g.ziolek,

Good questions—happy to clarify.

1. Is it posible to set up who can join to the meeting - only logged or everyone users without authorization?

You can require that users are authenticated to join a meeting. This settings is one of the fields in our Create Meeting API:

1. Enable/disable default sound on every user join to the meeting?

Yes, this can be controlled using this field under our Create Meeting API:

1. Creating and dividing rooms?

Yes, you can designate Breakout rooms using the Update Meeting API:

1. Send meeting event via email to Outlook (others) to assigned users to this meeting in LMS

This is not supported via API.

1. Join to the meeting only via mobile phone?

Yes, you can determine this settings using this field in the Create/Update Meeting APIs

1. Possibility of saving chat automaticly?

This is not supported.

1. Module of polls and guestions?

You can retrieve polls via API — List Past Meetings Poll Results

As for:

1. When the user exit the meeting, would be redirected back to LMS.

You can leverage the Post Attendee URL for this:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360000518526-Post-Attendee-URL

1. Where will be end point URL for created meeting? User who log in into LMS, choose the training who contains the ZOOM meeting and he will press button “Join to the meeting”. In that case, ZOOM will ask for log in or without login to join to this meeting? I would like to know the flow of this approach.

For this, you could leverage the join_url returned in the API response for Create Meeting API.

I hope this helps!
Will

Hello @will.zoom ,

thank you for your response. Now, it is more clear to me but I get the impression that some settings are missing at the Webinar API and the Meeting API. Therefore I have additional questions about creating/updating webinars or meetings (via API):

1. Is it possible dissable camera when the user joined to a meeting/webinar?
  2. What about the field setting “mute_upon_entry” in a webinar?
  3. Is it possible to set up another the settings in a webinar:

or
  4. Can I create Breatout rooms in a webinar?
  5. Is available the Q&A in a meeting?

Best Regards,
Grzegorz

Hey @g.ziolek,

I’m happy to help out here!

For Meetings, you can use the participant_video property from the Create a Meeting API:

For Webinars, you can use the panelists_video property from the Create a Webinar API:

We don’t have feature that will allow you to mute panelists upon entry. Attendees will already be muted due to the nature of a Webinar. You can learn more about managing panelists from the Zoom app here.

Join Before Host and Waiting Room are not supported when it comes to Webinars. This is because with Webinars, it’s expected that the user will join when the Webinar starts.

Webinars do not support breakout rooms and I don’t think this is on our roadmap. Webinars are mostly meant for a small number of people to communicate information to a large number of people. For this reason, we don’t have collaborative tools with Webinars.

Zoom Meetings do not support Q&A but you can use polls

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM,

thank you for the response. It was helpful. I have no more questions at the moment :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Grzegorz

Glad @MaxM was able to help, @g.ziolek! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.