Create Recurring Webinar with Non-Consecutive Occurrences

Description
Is it possible under the current API to create a single webinar with non-consecutive occurrences? For example, let’s say I want to schedule a webinar every Thursday from November 1 through December 5, except Thanksgiving (November 28) – it does not seem like this is possible to do strictly through the API currently with the recurrence parameter.

I know that one solution here would be to create webinars for every Thursday in the range, then delete Thanksgiving (or create the November webinars then add one for the one in December) via the Zoom web portal, as described in the last step in the help article here.

I find this solution to be less than ideal for a variety of reasons – it involves using both the API and the Zoom web portal, emails sent out at initial creation won’t accurately reflect the final set of webinar occurrences, and there is an increased chance for errors to occur with multiple webinar creation steps. It would be nice if there were a way to address this case through the API alone.

Which Endpoint/s?
Webinar creation, POST /users/{userId}/webinars.

Hey @sbarty,

Good question, it is not possible to exclude dates when creating a recurring webinar.

I would suggest creating a recurring webinar up to the date you want to exclude, and another recurring webinar for after that date you want to exclude. Or like you said, delete the webinar occurrence for the date you want to exclude.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thanks for the quick reply. In the help article I linked, it mentioned you can add occurrences after creating a Zoom webinar (I’m not able to verify this but my hunch is that you can set a custom date/time for these additional occurrences, please correct me if I am mistaken here). Is there a similar endpoint for the API?

If possible, I would prefer to keep all occurrences under one webinar, instead of having multiple, each time I wanted to skip days.

Hey @sbarty,

You can configure occurrences via the recurrence object in the create and update Webinar endpoints.

Then delete the ones that you want to exclude. (Make sure to specify the occurrence id)

Thanks,
Tommy