createRenderer return SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION

Description
I have been trying to get participants raw video data using Windows Meeting SDK Demo app. When I use createRenderer function of zoom_rawdata_api.h it returns SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION.

Which Windows Meeting SDK version?
zoom-sdk-windows-5.13.5.12103

To Reproduce

1. Go to sdk_demo_v2 → CustomizedUIRecordMgr.cpp → onRecordingStatus.
  2. Add “ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::SDKError error = ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::createRenderer(&m_renderer, new FrameListener());” line in Recording_Start case. (where FrameListener is an implementation of IZoomSDKRendererDelegate)
  3. Scedule a meeting and start it with a licensed user. (I used android app)
  4. Start Demo App → Select “Customized UI Mode” → provide JWT token → go to “Only join” tab and join the meeting.
  5. Host user select SDK participant → click “Allow to Record Local Files”.
  6. SDK participant click “More” → “Local Record”.

Troubleshooting Routes
I also tried to join the meeting using OAuth and start the meeting with SDK but had the same result. I managed to successfully create renderer object one time but I did exactly the same steps described above so I don’t get what I do wrong now. HawRawdataLicense() return false. Local recording itself works fine.

Device (please complete the following information):
Windows 10

@carson.zoom , @chunsiong.zoom @jon.zoom , @donte.zoom could you please respond? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ivan,

I’ve tried with my account and it is working, and here are some screenshots.

1. Allowing permission for guest to do local recording
  2. Prompt on host (macOS) about recording started by c++ client

Let me test the hasRawdataLicense() in a while

Hi @chunsiong.zoom,
It’s confusing cause I get the same message for host (android app) about recording started by c++ client:

And after that I still get the error:

One of my assumptions was that the problem occurs cause I use the same account for my c++ client and for android host, so I created a new account to connect with c++ client but got the same behavior.

@chunsiong.zoom any updates?

@ivan.ieremenko, if you’re still running into issues happy to see if we can help debug.

Another option you might want to consider is Recall.ai. It’s a simple 3rd party API that lets you use meeting bots to get raw audio/video from meetings without you needing to spend months to build, scale and maintain these bots.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.