Creating A Zoom Meeting without authenticating user

It was my understanding that zoom api allows for the creation of zoom meeting links without a user being authenticated. After researching the api/blogs, it appears that it’s not entirely clear. There appears to be a lack of consensus among the developers and the api docs. For example, Meeting start without authentication, the developer says it is not possible except in the Web SDK to create a meeting without an authenticated user, but if we look into https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/user-login#non-login, we see the following:

“Note: Some SDK functions are not available for Non-login users, including starting Instant Meetings or Scheduling & Managing Meetings… Non-login User Billing Usage of SDK features by anonymous users will be billed to the SDK Key & Secret owner (app developer).”

Hey @jacob2,

Happy to help! :slight_smile: Can you share what you are trying to accomplish? Once I know more, I will be able to give you a solution.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy!

Thank you for getting back to me. I am trying to drop a zoom link to all of our users that join a “Zoom Event” in my application. I am trying to alleviate any need to authenticate any more in our app. So we would like to drop a zoom link in our chat where the first person to join is the host and the rest are just attendees. Does this make sense?

Thank you,

Jacob

Hey @jacob2,

You can use the start_url, for that first user, which will start the meeting as the host. For the other users, you can have them use the join_url. :slight_smile: Both of which you can get from the Create Meeting and Get Meeting APIs.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

So I’ve looked through the docs and I am sorry if I wasn’t clear at first. From the Create Meeting endpoint /users/{userId}/meetings I am hoping we can bypass the {userID} part. Is that possible? I ask this because our solution will not scale if that userID is required since we are limited to 100 create meeting requests a day.

Thank you,

Jacob

Hey @jacob2,

You cannot bypass the 100 create meeting requests a day, however, if you have a second user, you can use that user too. So you would have 200 create meeting requests in a day. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.