Creating meeting registrant in zoom

Description

I created a zap that takes a signup in memberpress, creates a zoom registrant for our meeting.
and then triggers a welcome email sequence in mail chimp

Error

The create meeting registrant could not be sent to Zoom.
The app returned “User does not exist:.”.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 3.42.04 PM|690x354

from zapier

Hey @rafanahealing

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

This thread did not help.
I am looking to automate the meeting signup process for zoom meeting
when people join my course. But zoom-zapier interface tells me that

Hey @rafanahealing,

Just to confirm, have you followed this guide on setting up Zapier? If so, please confirm that the JWT that you are using to add a registrant also owns the meeting.

If neither of those steps are helpful, please provide the meeting ID involved here and I’ll investigate further.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max

is it possible that asking users to authenticate for the meeting causing this?
we did set up a zap that registered attendees in zoom after signup through acuityand it worked like magic.

here is how we are using this zap

when someone signs up for our ongoing circle membership, zapier decides if they are in onoe of our membership programs, if they are in either the monthly or annual program then zapier adds them as a registrant in our zoom meeting, sets tags in mailchimp, and that triggers welcome and meeting credentials for the zoom meeting through malchimp automation. I know it sounds like a rube goldberg invention, if you dont know what that is it’s kind of a kluge, but I like that fact that it can be done with automation. You may have a much simpler way. AND I AM ALL EARS. Thanks for your help Max. I am an old engineer learning new tricks quickly. And I am glad you are here.

zap name is

“Membership for Source Course sends zoom registration and tags in mailchimp”

Hey @rafanahealing,

Thank you for providing more information on the setup that you have. I know that sometimes these integrations can feel like Rube Goldberg machines and I do appreciate that reference. Looking at what you’re doing, in terms of integrating with your membership programs, this does actually seem like one of the simpler methods to accomplish this. Zapier does have some truly magic feeling functionality.

From here, I think you’re right about a user needing to be authenticated with Zoom in order to complete this request. If you want to ensure that a user is authenticated, make sure that you require authorization either by using the meeting_authentication field of the Create a Meeting API or through the Zoom Portal

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

SO If I require authentication then the zap will not function unless the person is already registered with zoom?
Or can I authenticate automatically and register them for zoom.
And as I ask the question I see that that is probably not possible

Hey @rafanahealing,

Depending on the meeting settings, it is possible that the Zoom user needs to be authenticated first. Are you able to provide the meeting ID where this is happening? I’ll check the meeting settings to see if anything can be changed on our end or if this is related to how the Zap makes the request.

Thanks,
Max

HI
Meeting ID: 967 9562 1279
the source circle

thanks

Hey @rafanahealing ,

While @MaxM , looks up your meeting settings, I want you to try setting meeting_authentication to false, or in other words, not requiring users to be logged in when joining Zoom. Since you are using meeting registration, this setting can conflict.

Let me know if that fixes the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy

Trying that for this weekend’s meetingwe shall see.

this is in app not through a zap.
although I will be getting into that more soon i imagine.
We are using zapier with memberpress. Its a by invitation only access
so I imagine it’s a beta version and they did not want to say that up front.
And it is not working correctly on their end.
SO they are back to the coding desk.

Thanks for your help max

A separate question.
If we were going to host zoom on our membership site, how complicated is it?
Can you point me to the correct steps or documentation.

Hi Max, Sorry if I missed this

Meeting Id is Meeting ID: 266 218 763

Hey @rafanahealing,

Thank you for the update and my apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I didn’t get a notification for your response. After looking into this further with that meeting ID, I’m thinking what @tommy suggested is the issue here. We cover this in a previous forum post as well:

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.