Custom Disclaimer not appearing if waiting room is disabled

Description
When the waiting room is disabled for the meeting the custom disclaimer is not displayed anymore when a participant joins the meeting. But when the waiting room is enabled the custom disclaimer is displayed before a participant can join the meeting.

Which iOS Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)

1. Enable custom disclaimer for the zoom account
  2. Start a meeting with the waiting room disabled
  3. Join the meeting as a participant
  4. Custom disclaimer is not shown, participant able to join the meeting without agreeing to the custom disclaimer

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPad Air (3rd Generation)

Additional context
Also, is there any way to detect if the user agreed/cancelled the custom disclaimer via the SDK?

Thanks!

Hey @azanton,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is nice to see you again.

I was not able to reproduce this behavior. Are you using a custom UI? One other thing, when you set a custom disclaimer there is an option to show it only the first time the participant joins or every time a participant joins. Is it possible you have it set to only show the first time?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

Nice to see you again too!

Yes, we’re using a custom UI. I tried on the demo app and enabled the custom meeting and I was able to replicate the problem. We set the custom disclaimer to be shown every time a participant joins.

Also on the sample app, I noticed a discrepancy on the non-custom UI and the custom UI behavior, when the custom UI is disabled the disclaimer appears before the host receives the notification to admit the participant, but when the custom UI is enabled the disclaimer appears after the host admitted the participant. Maybe this is related to why when the custom UI is enabled the disclaimer only appears when the waiting room is enabled.

Thanks!

Hey @azanton,

Are you manually showing the disclaimer? I have not gotten it to show using a custom UI at all.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

No,

It shows after admission from the waiting room, attaching a GIF for reference.

disclaimer

Hey @azanton,

Hmm interesting, can you run the app using the same steps on the iPhone simulator and let me know if you are seeing the disclaimer there as well?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,

Tried on the iPhone 11 Pro Max Simulator and it only appears after admission from the waiting room. But, when custom meeting is disabled the disclaimer appears with or without the waiting room.

Hey @azanton,

Ah I see, I was not seeing the disclaimer when I was starting an instant meeting as host but now I am seeing it in the custom UI.

After that, yes I am seeing the same behavior as you. I will submit a bug report for this. Thanks for bringing this up!

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.