MacOS Custom UI - "Waiting For Host" modal prompt does not disappear and can't be dismissed

Description
Using the custom UI feature on the macOS SDK. On my app, when I join another user’s meeting room where:

• Custom UI is enabled
  • Join Before Host is disabled
  • Host is not in the meeting yet

When I join the meeting, the following prompt appears which is expected as long as the host hasn’t started the meeting yet:

However, it does not update after the host has started the meeting, and worse, it does not go away after I have entered the meeting, nor can it be dismissed. Clicking close does not do anything to the window so it is a visual blocker during the meeting:

I reproduced the same behavior on the Zoom SDK macOS sample application when custom UI is enabled. How can I get this modal to close when the user has been admitted into the meeting? Is there a way I can customize the whole Waiting Room experience on macOS so that the prompt doesn’t appear at all? I see there is some documentation on doing that on the iOS side.

Which version?
Latest macOS SDK: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-macos/releases/tag/v4.6.21666.0427

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a meeting room where “Join Before Host” is disabled
  2. Don’t start the meeting and using the macOS SDK sample app, enable custom UI while initializing SDK and use the Join Only tab and enter the meeting information so that you join as a guest
  3. The prompt should correctly appear at this point as the host hasn’t started the meeting
  4. Have the host start the meeting and observe that the SDK user successfully enters the meeting
  5. At this point, prompt stays open and can’t be closed. SDK user is successfully in the meeting but prompt is stuck in place.

Screenshots
See screenshots above

Thanks in advance for the help!
Nitin

Hi @nraj,

Thanks for the post and thanks for the details as always. :slight_smile:

The waiting for the host to start the meeting prompt is following the design of the Zoom client, I don’t think it is possible to hide it at the moment, otherwise, users will not be able to know what is going on. Regarding customizing this window, let me ask the engineering team and get back to you.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,

Thanks for the quick response! I think there’s a misunderstanding. To clarify, my problem is not that I can’t hide the prompt while the user is waiting for host - as you describe it makes sense that this is expected behavior. The problem is that after both the user and host are in the meeting the prompt never disappears! Expected behavior is for that prompt to disappear after the host has joined the meeting, but it doesn’t go away and can’t be dismissed. Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Nitin

Hi @nraj,

Thanks for the reply and the explanation. Yes, the issue you are mentioning will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the update @carson.zoom!

1 Like