customerKey is nil when set in Meetings SDK 5.7.1

Description
I am using the newest Meetings SDK to join a webinar with ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements. I set customerKey on this object for the local user and pass it to the meeting service’s joinMeeting method. Once in the meeting, I can successfully retrieve a ZoomSDKUserInfo object using this user’s userID, however getCustomerKey() on that object returns nil. For users who joined the meeting using the previous version of the SDK (where ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements uses participantId rather than customerKey) the getCustomerKey() method successfully returns what was set as participantId. Please let me know any advice or whether this may be a bug.

Which macOS Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Join a webinar using ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements
Get a participants list using getParticipantsList() on the meeting action controller.
Iterate over the list to get userIDs and use the meeting action controller to getUserByUserID
Call getCustomerKey on the resulting ZoomSDKUserInfo object and note that for users who had the customerKey set on their ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements object the method returns nil.

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Apple Macbook Pro 13-inch 2020

Hi @brainbomb, thanks for the post.

We initially intended this to be resolved in the 5.7.6 release, but are aware that it has not been fixed. We are actively looking into this and will keep you updated as soon as we have more information.

Thanks!

Hi @brainbomb,

We noticed that we are not longer able to reproduce this issue with the SDK. Can you please let me know if you are still seeing this behavior after updating to 5.7.6?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thanks for the reply. I have updated to 5.7.6 and now the customerKey does return, however it returns only the first 15 characters of the string it was set with. The values we need to use for customerKey, and that we used to use for participantId, are longer than 15 characters. Can this be fixed?

Additionally, setting displayName on ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements does not change the display name. Thanks for any help.

Hi @brainbomb,

That’s great to hear it’s working! The limit you are seeing is intentional. The customer key cannot exceed 15 characters, so it will be truncated to respect that limitation.

Additionally, setting displayName on ZoomSDKJoinMeetingElements does not change the display name. Thanks for any help.

I have tried to reproduce this, but the name I set on that field is correctly showing up in the meeting. Are you able to reproduce this behavior in the SDK sample app?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.